Stuart Ayres MP, Member for Penrith and Tanya Davies MP, Member for Mulgoa welcome the news that the NSW Government can now get down to work with rebuilding NSW after historic legislation to fund its $20 billion infrastructure plan passed the NSW upper house this week.
Stuart Ayres said the NSW Liberals and Nationals Government have secured passage through the parliament with the 49 percent lease of the poles and wires network. This achievement is a significant milestone.
“The long-term lease of 49 percent of the NSW electricity network means a once-in-a-generation opportunity to unleash the enormous potential of our great state,”
“The Baird Liberal Team can continue to get on with the job to deliver better infrastructure, a stronger economy and improve the lives of people across NSW.”
Tanya Davies said under the vision and clear plans of the NSW Liberals and Nationals Government we will now have the funds necessary to implement hundreds of projects right across NSW.
“We now have the funding to construct the second Sydney Harbour crossing for public transport which will enable a 60% increase in capacity across the entire train network,”
“Funding will now become available to significantly boost the educational, health and road network infrastructure across the State.”
The $20 billion Rebuilding NSW plan will:
Reserve $7 billion for Sydney Rapid Transit to fully fund a second Harbour rail crossing;
- Reserve $1.1 billion to invest in the WestConnex northern and southern extensions and the Western Harbour Tunnel;
- Increase the commitment of a Sports and Cultural Fund from $500 million to $1.2 billion, capitalising on our existing iconic assets and precincts and improving the presence of facilities in Western Sydney;
- Reserve $4.1 billion for investment in regional roads and rail to underpin economic growth across the whole State;
- Reserve $1 billion for regional and metropolitan schools;
- Reserve $1 billion for regional and metropolitan hospitals;
- Reserve $1 billion for water security for our regional communities; and
- Reserve $300 million for regional tourism and the environment.
NSW Treasurer and Minister for Industrial Relations Gladys Berejiklian said the transaction would allow the Liberals & Nationals Government to transform the state.
“We are working around the clock to kick-start our plan to build roads, rail, hospitals, schools, new sports and cultural facilities across NSW,” Ms Berejiklian said.
“With the passage of this historic legislation, the Liberals & Nationals Government has once again proven that it delivers on its promises.”
For further information, please go to the following website: www.nsw.gov.au/rebuilding.