Stuart Ayres MP, Member for Penrith visited Kingswood Public School to announce that they, along with 10 other local organisations will receive a share of $400,000 through the NSW Government’s 2021 Community Building Partnership Program.
Stuart Ayres said the State Government funds would deliver much-needed improvements to local facilities.
“The funding for Kingswood Public School will be used towards a covered outdoor learning area including a softfall sports space to allow all weather play and also assembly use.”
“This new covered area will ensure students can enjoy outdoor play and outdoor learning for years to come.”
“Across Penrith this grassroots funding will directly help create a more vibrant and inclusive local community with positive social and recreational outcomes,” Stuart Ayres said.
“I congratulate all the organisations that were successful in their application and look forward to seeing how these projects make a real difference for community groups in the area.”
The full list of successful projects in the Penrith electorate for the 2021 round are:
- Kingswood Public School P & C – covered outdoor learning area and softfall
- Corpus Christi Primary School – classroom refurbishments
- Penrith Public School P & C – shade cover
- WestCare Community Services – vehicle upgrade
- Penrith Women’s Health Centre – Safer families vehicle
- Emu Plains Sporting and Recreation Club – river pump
- Nepean Baptist Church – children’s playground
- Mission Australia Housing – outdoor covering
- Nepean Area Disabilities Organisation – all abilities sensory activity centre
- Anglican Church Diocese – children’s outdoor play area
- Penrith City Council – Illawong Reserve playground upgrade
The Community Building Partnership program has funded more than 16,000 community projects since it commenced in 2009.
In 2022, there is $400,000 to allocate in each electorate. Applications for the 2022 Program open early next year.
For more information about the NSW Government’s Community Building Partnership Program, visit www.nsw.gov.au/cbp