A NSW Liberals & Nationals Government will deliver 50 extra beds and 25 more nurses to the Nepean – Blue Mountains health district as part of our More Beds, More Nurses, Real Change health plan, Shadow Minister for Health Jillian Skinner announced today with Liberal Candidates Bart Bassett (Londonderry), Tanya Davies (Mulgoa) and Liberal Member for Penrith Stuart Ayres MP.
The NSW Liberals & Nationals More Beds, More Nurses, Real Change plan includes 550 more beds and 275 more nurses across NSW over-and-above those currently promised by Labor at an additional cost of $340 million.
The existing Nepean – Blue Mountains Local Health Network, which includes Nepean Hospital, will receive 50 beds and 25 nurses as part of the More Beds, More Nurses, Real Change plan.
\”This is a great win for patients at Nepean Hospital, and a great win for the Nepean region,\” Mrs Skinner said
\”50 more beds and 25 more nurses to treat patients – this is what a NSW Liberals & Nationals Government will deliver for the Penrith/Nepean region,\” she said.
\”A vote for their local Liberal Candidate will deliver families in the Penrith/Nepean region more hospital beds and more nurses.
\”Our policies will increase the number of acute adult overnight beds available in hospitals in the Penrith/ Nepean region – helping to ease overcrowding, reduce access block in emergency departments and lower rates of cancelled surgery,\” Mrs Skinner said.
Bart Bassett said: \”If you really want to change the health system, then voters in Londonderry need to change the government.\”
\”More beds and more nurses is great news for local patients,\” Tanya Davies said.
Stuart Ayres said: \”I am delighted with this announcement, it will mean local families will get better hospital treatment after 16 years of Labor.\”
\”Local voters will know they will get more health resources for our hospitals if they vote Liberal on March 26,\” Mr Ayres said.
The NSW Liberals & Nationals More Beds, More Nurses, Real Change health plan will deliver the NSW health and hospital system:
- An additional 1,390 beds available in our health system – to unblock our emergency departments and deliver better patient care;
- 2,475 extra nurses – including 275 additional Clinical Nurse/Midwife Educators and Clinical Nurse/Midwife Specialists;
- An aspirational target of 85% bed occupancy for acute adult overnight beds – to reduce patient waiting times and unblock emergency departments; and,
- A 10 year Health Professionals Workforce Plan – to deliver the health workforce of the future to the area’s most in need.
\”The NSW Liberals & Nationals’ More Beds, More Nurses, Real Change is a long term plan that will deliver real change to the NSW health system,\” Mrs Skinner said.
This policy is in addition to the NSW Liberals & Nationals previously announced health policies including:
- Making It Work: governance reform, creating Health Districts with local District Health Boards
- Boosting the Isolated Patient Transport and Accommodation Assistance Scheme (IPTAAS) budget by 50%
- Increasing funding for programs to end drug and alcohol addiction
- Establishing a Telehealth Technology Centre
- Growing funding for Community Health Checks through local pharmacies
- Providing more money for Medical Research
- Spending $3 billion Rebuilding NSW Hospital and Health Infrastructure
- Creating a Preventative Health Fighting Fund
- Establishing a Mental Health Commission
- Expanding funding for Chronic Disease Management in a community setting