Stuart Ayres MP, Member for Penrith today announced that community sport organisations can now score a major funding boost, with applications open for the NSW Government’s Local Sport Grant Program.
Stuart Ayres said the program provides grants up to $10,000, with up to $50,000 available in each NSW electorate.
“Community sporting clubs are the lifeblood of the Penrith community and having a cash injection will support them in upgrading facilities and boost participation,” Stuart Ayres said.
“This funding will help modernise facilities for local clubs and enable more local people to participate in community sport and recreation activities.”
The program will focus on initiatives that enable more people to enjoy the benefits of playing sport, regardless of their age, gender, background or ability.
Under the previous round, Penrith grant recipients included:
- Panthers Premier League Netball-Panthers Premier League Netball equipment and uniforms,
- Kairali Thunders Penrith Incorporated-Club training programs & social cricket Come and Try Family Event,
- Penrith Rugby Union Club Inc- To develop Women’s Rugby,
- Blue Mountains Junior Rugby Club -Sport Facility upgrade including signage, scoreboard protection & security shutters,
- Nepean Hockey Association Incorporated -Western Sydney Hockey Centre for 4 X new hockey goals,
- Team Skatel Artistic Roller Skating Club Inc -Team Skatel home rink resurfacing and line marking,
- Nepean Rowing Club Ltd – Rowing shoes quick release plates,
- Western Sydney Whitewater Club-Western Sydney Whitewater Club for club development and recruitment.
Minister for Sport Alister Henskens said last year the Program funded more than 830 projects across NSW.
“We want more people playing sport in our State, which is why we’re growing participation and helping people boost their budget through programs like the Active Kids voucher program,” Mr Henskens said.
“The Local Sport Grant Program is about giving community sporting clubs a boost, by investing in clubs to improve facilities, enhance accessibility and hold new and exciting events and development programs that engage people of all ages and abilities.”
Applications close Monday 21 November. More information is available online.