Stuart Ayres MP, Member for Penrith today invites the local community to have their say on the proposed accessibility upgrade at Glenbrook station that will be delivered through the NSW Government’s Transport Access Program.
“I’m pleased to advise that the Review of Environmental Factors (REF) outlining the plans for the upgrade is now on display and open for feedback from the public,” Stuart Ayres said.
“The upgrade will significantly improve the experience for customers with limited mobility, those with a disability, people with prams and luggage and the elderly,” Stuart Ayres said.
“Community members are also invited to meet with the Transport for NSW project team who will be onsite at Glenbrook Station between 4pm and 6pm on Thursday 15 November and Tuesday 20 November.”
Key features of the upgrade include:
- A new lift to provide access to the existing footbridge,
- a new accessible kiss-and-ride area on Burfitt Parade,
- upgrades to CCTV, wayfinding and lighting to improve safety and security,
- new ambulant and family bathrooms,
- new station entrance and accessible pathways connecting the Eastern car park on Burfitt Parade to the station,
- upgrades to existing platform surfaces and footpaths around the station precinct to improve accessibility.
To view the REF and provide feedback, visit: https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/projects/current-projects/glenbrook-station-upgrade