Stuart Ayres MP, Member for Penrith today announced that the contract to design and build the new 750 additional car parking spaces for public transport customers at Emu Plains Station has been awarded to Stephen Edwards Constructions Pty Ltd.
The Emu Plains Commuter Car Park project is a joint initiative of the Federal and State Governments to provide additional commuter parking and ease congestion on roads.
“The Commuter Car Park Program is designed to make it easier for customers who need to drive part of their journey to access public transport hubs,” Stuart Ayres said.
“Stephen Edwards Constructions has been awarded the contract to deliver the new car park on behalf of Transport for NSW. Detailed design work has commenced and early works are due to start in the coming months,” Stuart Ayres said.
“This project will not only provide more access to parking for the community but employ around 50 people in a range of fields including engineering, construction and administration roles.”
Key features of the overall project include:
- a new commuter car park with up to 750 additional spaces located on vacant land to the west of Emu Plains Station, off Old Bathurst Road
- additional accessible parking spaces and motorcycle parking bays
- a new footbridge over Old Bathurst Road to provide safe and direct pedestrian access between the new car park and the station
- a new intersection on Old Bathurst Road to allow vehicle entry and exit into the car park
- landscaping including a vegetated drainage channel through the car park
- provision for future electric vehicle charging spaces
- CCTV, lighting and wayfinding signage for improved safety and security.
The project is expected to be completed in early 2022.
For more information, please visit: https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/commuter-car-park-program