Some of the best and brightest entrepreneurs from NSW have presented their most innovative ideas as part of an event aimed at boosting the next generation of problem solvers.
Minister for Jobs, Investment and Western Sydney Stuart Ayres said the Tech23 Festival was an opportunity for 23 deep tech entrepreneurs from across Australia to show their work to a global audience of investors, innovators and industry leaders as the 2020 showcase went online for the first time.
“The NSW Government is proud to support Tech23; the event is all about young companies solving big problems with tech, in areas such as energy, healthcare, security and food supply chains,” Mr Ayres said.
“It’s great that 12 of the 23 entrepreneurs are from NSW. The innovation from these startups and scaleups could shape our future and be among the big success stories of tomorrow.
“Encouraging innovation in NSW and creating the jobs of the future is so important. The NSW Government is committed to this, demonstrated by the establishment of the Western Sydney Startup Hub, while at Tech Central we push ahead with our long-term goal to create 25,000 innovation jobs.
“These spaces are designed to attract the best minds and foster innovation as we build a better NSW.”
A video from each of the 23 companies is now online.
This year’s innovators from NSW are:
- BioScout – Automating airborne disease tracking and providing meaningful data, maps and models https://tech23.com.au/2020/bioscout/
- Bondi Bio – Converting light, CO2 and water into high-value products https://tech23.com.au/2020/bondi-bio/
- Contactile – Giving robots a sense of touch https://tech23.com.au/2020/contactile/
- CyAmast – Facilitating co-existence between robust cyber-security and connected devices https://tech23.com.au/2020/cyamast/
- Diffuse Energy – Using wind energy to improve energy resilience https://tech23.com.au/2020/diffuse-energy/
- Headsafe – A fast, portable and affordable brain scanner to enhance the capabilities of clinicians https://tech23.com.au/2020/headsafe/
- Kinobionic – Bionic wearables to empower people with disabilities https://tech23.com.au/2020/kinobionic/
- Presien – Artificial intelligence vision solutions for heavy industries https://tech23.com.au/2020/presien/
- Ripe Robotics – Automated fruit picking technology https://tech23.com.au/2020/ripe-robotics/
- Sicona Battery Technologies – Developing cost-effective, high-performance battery materials https://tech23.com.au/2020/sicona-battery-technologies/
- Tide Foundation – Removing mass data breach and privacy compliance risk from organisations https://tech23.com.au/2020/tide-foundation/
- Vector AI – Making semantic AI search and recommendation simple https://tech23.com.au/2020/vector-ai/
For more information about Tech23 visit tech23.com.au/2020/